Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

This is Joanie, my beautiful wife of one year. She's over in Europe having fun on the islands of Greece that are almost as beautiful as she is. I miss her so much! Every moment I'm not preoccupied with something else I'm thinking about her. I've planned a second honeymoon the second she passes through airport security back into my arms. I won't reveal all of my plans but it will all be spent with Joanie having a great time. I plan on making up 5 weeks without her into one weekend. That weekend will include a lot of the activities we love doing together.


Joanie is so fun to spend time with. We both love go to different places together. Last year we had a great honeymoon! We got the crazy idea to drive up to Glacier National Park and camp there while going on a 13 hour hike over several mountains. Joanie's one of the few women who would do that and be excited to do that.

Last year we also went camping up at Red Pine Lake. We got the perfect spot on the lake. Our tent had spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and canyon. It was so fun to spend that night with my gorgeous wife alone in a tent.

Over the Christmas break we got to go to Germany together. It was so much fun to spend that time with her. Joan was so great helping to fix the house. Then we went on our vacation from our vacation and went on a round trip down to Dresden, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Koenigsee, and back home. The first night in Dresden we slept in a bed that wasn't as comfortable as the princess bed but it forced us into each others arms for the whole night. The next few days were winter cold but it was always great to see Joanie in her attractive outfits. We had such a great time traveling around Europe in our Audi with the Navi to guide us. Joanie even drove over 120 MPH.


Joanie has been really great letting me feed my obsession with football. She never complains and she even watches the Denver Broncos with me and on occasion we make it a great date and head on down to Iggy's and watch the game on the big screens while eating a hamburger and sharing Carmel covered cheesecake.

We have a lot of fun activities yet to do like: camping on Grasshopper Glacier, going to the last 2 of the 50 states: Alaska and Hawaii, and maybe one day making it to Nepal to hike around the Himalayas.

I expect more and more great times with Joanie. When we have children we won't be able to do as many exotic activities alone but we'll have great times being parents together. I can't wait to see Joanie with our child in her and I can rub her belly. I think Joanie will look so beautiful when she's pregnant. I will also get her anything she craves when she's pregnant like Extreme Moose Tracks ice cream to anything crazy she wants to cover with peanut butter.

Joanie will be a great mother. She'll take great care of our children. I'll love to listen to her as she reads our babies bedtime stories. I'm sure we'll dress our girls in pink and our boys in Broncos blue.




20 Reasons I Love Joanie

20. Joanie loves to play games with me (I just avoid playing her after 9)

19. Joanie's dedication

18. Joanie's fun to sit next to in church

17. Joanie's yellow personality

16. Joanie knows "We can make this work!"

15. Joanie loves to be right next to me

14. Joanie's fun to take a shower with

13. Joanie loves to travel to distant places with me

12. Joanie loves to go camping with me

11. Joanie protects me (from Raiders fans)

10. Joanie learned all the football rules

9. Joanie lets me watch football

8. Joanie gave me a great Christmas present

7. Joanie always tries to make me happy

6. Joanie's long beautiful blond hair

5. Joanie's smile when I kiss the back of her neck

4. Joanie's fun to go out on dates with

3. Joanie has the most beautiful lips when she smiles

2. Joanie has the voice of angels when she sings

1. Joanie's a great lover


Joanie I love you so much!

2 comments:

Evenstar said...

That is so sweet! I hope you have a wonderful second honeymoon!

theriddle said...

This is Joanie. I am in Crete at an internet cafe and I've got tears in my eyes. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be married to you. Thank you Spencer for writing such a beautiful blog about me. I am missing you so much and I cant wait to be back in your arms.