Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Nerd Alert!

The year was 1985 and I was but a mere tike but for some strange reason I wanted to watch a grown man on a bike.

A man with lipstick, blush and a cheap gray suit. His name is Pee-Wee Herman. It was back in the days of Friday night sleep-overs before the Saturday morning soccer game.

I ended up recently watching it again after 2o years.

I remember 3 things from the movie:

1. Large Marge: who could forget her awful story? And which person didn't keep rewinding the VHS tape to see her face freak out? That was awesome!

2. The trick gum Pee-Wee gives Francis and his dad: all that black coming out was hilarious.

3. The line "I am a loner, Dottie. A rebel" I didn't know what a loner or a rebel was back then but I've spent every day since then being one. (That last line I said sarcastically Joanie)




And You feel like no one before

No comments: