Saturday, May 24, 2008

Indiana Jones Review

What a huge disappointment!!!!!

If they would have substituted Nicholas Cage for Harrison Ford and called it National Treasure 3 that would be fine. But to take the good name of Indiana Jones and attach it to this movie is shameful. I really wish I hadn't seen this movie. It's so bad currently it makes me think less of the first 3 Indiana Jones. It's similar to the worse Bond movie of all time with Halle Berry. This movie loses all the charm of the original 3 by taking the nostalgia of the originals and replacing it with Teflon coated 21st century movie making.

It felt like the opening weekend crowd couldn't get into it either right up to the ending. You'll know when you hear "I vant to know! I vant to know!..." to "the space in between space". Harrison Ford is also a shadow of his former self. It was difficult to see him struggle to even run.

I miss the old world charm of the originals where the bad guys bodies melt away and Indiana Jones just rides off into the sunset.

3 comments:

theriddle said...

I agree. The only redeeming thing was that we were together.

Evenstar said...

Good to know. I didn't want to see it and this only reaffirms my decision. I just read the summary on Wikipedia.

Oma said...

Harrison Ford should start playing grandpa roles and act his age. He is even older than I am by 10 years. Thanks for the review. I won't waste the time to see it.